Saturday 4 January 2014

Preparing Final Pieces

Now that all my final pieces are complete, I am preparing them to be placed into my empty book of drawings. This is the book that I have been assembling from scratch.

The preparation involves completely cutting the image from the sheet that the illustration was originally drawn on. This is a very tricky process, especially when there is a lot of detail sticking out from the main body of the image, for example with additions like fur. For cutting around the images, I have been using a very sharp craft knife tool.

My canine illustration in the form of the letter 'B' as an example, after being completely cut out.
Cutting the pieces out, allows the colourful background of my book to fully be displayed underneath, and also looks much more professional than keeping the page intact in my opinion. I am interweaving related themed illustrations around the images, for example a watercolour ball, and dog treat to go with with this canine illustration, as well as a diagram of the letter 'B' to show which letter I am trying to convey in my drawing. Doing this will make the book more professional looking, and will add a bit of character, as well as unique elements to each page, as I want each page to be different, but at the same time running along the same theme.

The letters featured are a random assortment, coupled with an illustrative version. I have tried to be clear with resembling the visual letter, at the same time whilst retaining the shape, and detail of the animals.


Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment