Wednesday 27 November 2013

Louise Hunter (Cartoon)

For the second cartoon style artist that I wish to research, I chose to research my girlfriend, since she creates the type of cartoon styled artwork that I am looking into. As well as the fact, that naturally I know a lot about her work processes, and how she works, as I have seen her work on images in person. I will however research her in a professional way, like the other illustrators that I have used in my research.

Louise Hunter. Born in Durham, England, lives locally, and she creates pieces in a style that I personally love, which is the cartoon-like form. Her style is slightly similar to griffsnuff's (Tina Alfredsen) but she tends to use much thinner lines, and focuses on the expressions more, than griffsnuff in my opinion only. I believe griffsnuff is one of her favourite artists, who she takes some inspiration from, from her characters.

I love how she uses colour, and couples it with an image that resembles the 3D form, but with a lot of 2D-like elements in it. She uses Adobe Photoshop 6, with a wacom intuos tablet, to create her digital artwork. She uses a few layers per piece, and can work to finish an image in a matter of hours/days.

She has been drawing from a very young age, and her style only improved as the digital age arrived. She uses an iMac to produce her work, which I'm aware that Mac's are deemed industry standard.

http://purplecrystaldragon.deviantart.com/art/dragon-396881712

Naturally she has a passion for animals, and coupling this with her artistic style, she has brought the two elements together. Apart from the canines she draws, she also sketches fictional beings, such as dragons, and she does so usually with biro pens. I like the biro technique, as it shows that pen can be a great tool to draw with, and you can shade with a pen, if you know how to. (See above)
http://purplecrystaldragon.deviantart.com/art/loka-autumn-413778575 < image reference at this link.
This image above, displays her shading techniques.

http://purplecrystaldragon.deviantart.com/art/leaves-399355126 < image reference at this link.

This image showcases her expressions, and use of wallpaper.



http://purplecrystaldragon.deviantart.com/gallery/ < a link to her online gallery





Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment