Monday 25 November 2013

Introduction to blog

This blog, contains a new topic, entitled The Book of Drawings. It is the last unit in module one, and is a very big unit. For this unitI have 8 weeks, to complete, plenty of time to create a stunning book.

This unit involves creating a book of my own sketches, that I feel I want to showcase. It will involve handcrafting my own book from scratch, and placing my work onto the pages.

For this unit, I would like to base my work around animals, as I really enjoyed the animal unit. I would preferably like to try using a full cartoon style. However I'm unsure of what particular style to go with, as there are many different styles of cartoon themes, but I will be taking a look at what I could do for the book project, over the next few days.

I will research artists, like for example griffsnuff > http://griffsnuff.deviantart.com/ who creates cartoon style animals, and Mark Langley > http://www.mark-langley.com/, a realistic animal artist.

I will post more to this journal, after I realise my plan.

-----------------------------------------------

Update: I will be aiming to create a minimum of 6 illustrations in my book of drawings, based around the idea of using animals, that are in a hybrid of 1950's illustration style, and my own personal style. These animal illustrations will be called the A-Z of animals, and I will use a certain animal for each letter I decide to use, to 'bend' and 'manipulate' into the letter shape.


Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment