Wednesday 27 November 2013

Book Plan Ideas.

I have found a theme, that I may wish to apply to the book I have in mind. This idea involves the following...

The A-Z of Animals.

The list 'could' go in this order, however this is just an example of what I could do.

A- Axolotl
B- Bear
C- Catfish
D- Dog
E- Elephant
F- Fish

However I will not tie myself to picking an animal, that begins with the letter I will be sketching. I want the freedom to do what's best for me.

I will be taking on the task of drawing the first 6 letters from the english alphabet, and using animal form to create the shapes of each individual letter. I would like to aim it toward the children's market, so this means that the entire book design, layout, and the style of drawing that I use must all fall in line with the theme of children's illustration. I may incorporate the theme of 1950's children's illustration, and mix it with my own unique style.

I will display a simple example below, that I have created.

The letter 'D' with a dog wrapped around it.

This illustration is just a draft, so a final piece would be far more refined. This is just to give an idea of what I will be doing for this book project.




Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment