Wednesday 27 November 2013

Cartoon Style Trial #2

For my second style trial, I again decided to sketch another canine, in the style of the cartoon genre.


It involved first sketching out a wolf on paper, then scanning the image into photoshop, where I went around the image with a thinner brush, than I normally use. I then filled the shapes in with simple colours, and tried my hand at some simple texture this time, as you can see on the wolf's body. 

The piece over all took around just over an hour to develop. I am very pleased with my trial image, however, I am not too fond of the line art, as compared to other artists like griffsnuff, it is messy. This is something that I need more practise in.

I had fun creating this piece. But I need to develop more realistic trials, in order to pick which theme I would like to go with. I would like to refine my line art, as well as my full body anatomy.



Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment