Monday 25 November 2013

Cartoon Style Trial #1

Here is my first experimental trial, for this trial, I experiment in creating an animal, (in this instance a canine), in a cartoon form. For this sketch, I took inspiration from Griffsnuff.

You can look to my research of her at this link > http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1545632777560021951#editor/target=post;postID=5328898559707993239;onPublishedMenu=posts;onClosedMenu=posts;postNum=6;src=postname

I decided to create this tester piece in a digital format, similar to Griffsnuff's, I used thick, bold lines to resemble the style she uses, and to also make the lineart stand out. This is one of my favourite styles to work with.

I sketched a draft image of a wolf out, on a piece of paper, then placed the photo of it into Photoshop CC.

Then filled it in with colour, and some simple cartoon-like shading.

I added some eye brows for basic expression.

Here is my first draft. It resembles a 'cartoon-formed' wolf, and I am pleased with my tester #1.


This is my first try, at a cartoon-like, bold style, in this unit. I will be trying more, as my research goes on.





Thomas.


No comments:

Post a Comment