Friday 29 November 2013

Development Trial #1 (Graphite pencil & Watercolour)

For this development trial, I spent a bit extra time on creating an example, of what I would be doing for my book of illustrations project.

'S for snake', is the general idea behind this illustration.


The piece needs a little bit of extra refinement, so that it copies better under a scanner, however I am quite pleased with how the image turned out.

I will add some colour using watercolour mainly.


-------------------

Update: Colour added through using fine, weak watercolours. (Image below)



--------------------

Update 2: Added a bolder line, around the snake's body, using a fineliner.

Update 3: Added some chalk pastel shading, but regret doing so, as the chalk 'ruined' the shading contrast. however, since it is all part of my development, I suppose I learn from my mistakes.





Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment