Thursday 26 December 2013

Final Piece #2

For my second final piece, as part of my book of illustrations. I have carried on the theme of animals, and I have taken inspiration from the animals unit. For my second final piece, I have been created an image of a lemur, in the shape of the letter 'n'.

I am really happy with this particular watercolour piece, it is one of my favourite pieces that I have created for this unit, as it really does seem to reflect an 1950's illustration style, and colour scheme. I love the tone I have used, and the brush strokes of watercolour gives that effect of 'hand painted', which is what all illustrations from the 1950's and previous were.

This image contains a colour scheme much like my 'pastel' palette. You can see this tone on the orange and greys. I based this image on all of my research on the project so far, which has involved style, colour choice, and technique choice to name a few. All of these are important research factors, that need to be taken into account with any project, or illustration.

I got the inspiration to paint a lemur from the flamingo land zoo trip, which was during the animal project. I really wanted to use this particular animal, as at first I just though the banding on the body was interesting, and then I sketched out a roughy base using a fine liner. I was so happy with this base draft, that I adapted it into a fully finished final piece, which I will adhere into my book of drawings.

If I were to improve this illustration, I think I would have perhaps altered the paw slightly, as I think the fingers are a little too short, to accurately resemble a lemurs.



Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment