Tuesday 3 December 2013

Development Trial #4 (Oil Pastels)

For my fourth development trial, that involves using different media to create samples of animal illustration, I decided to try out using oil pastel to draw with.



I decided to sketch out another peacock bird, and arranged the animal into the shape of the letter 'k'. I initially finely sketched the outline out on paper, and then went over it with the oils.

I found working with oil pastels, to be very difficult. They didn't offer me much in the way of precision, and accuracy, something which I love to have when making illustrations, as I love the control over line and tone. I would say however, that using oils really took me out of my comfort zone, and I just do not feel using this medium worked well. Using a medium that I generally dislike to use, might not be beneficial to me, as I like to have fun when I draw, as I always produce better results that way.


Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment