Monday 2 December 2013

Media experimentation

Now that I believe that I have identified the colour palette to go with, I will be experimenting with mediums now. Here are a list of some the mediums I can work with, that would fit the colour palette I need to work in.

• Coloured Pencils
• Oil Pastels
• Chalk pastels
• Watercolours
• Acrylic Paint

I will select the best one, or possibly two, to work with on a minimum of 6 final pieces.

I will post images of my samples below, on each media, updating as I go along with my progress. I will take time on my developments, to get a better idea of what prolonged use of each media, feels like, and ends up as.

-----------------------------------

1) Coloured Pencil: (Gecko made with coloured pencils, arranged into the latter 'a').




















2) Oil Pastel




















3) Chalk Pastel (Sketchy dog made from coloured pastels, arranged into the letter 'O')



4) Watercolours (Peacock made with watercolour paints, arranged into the letter 'F').





















5) Acrylic paint






Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment